Wednesday, November 30, 2005

'Tis the Season...


Now, I admit I've been on a leave of absence for a while. I hope I haven't disappointed any of my friends out there. The fall is always a blur of activity here at Tamarack. We have Renaissance Faire, the Tamarack Foundation Gala, Mountain Stage and the Southern Christmas Show in Charlotte, all within six weeks. I needed a little time off and insisted that the humans at Tamarack fend for themselves for a while.

But, I was back today with renewed enthusiasm for my job. West Virginia's First Lady, Gayle Manchin, came to Tamarack today for the presentation of the 2005 Limited Edition Governor's Mansion Ornament. This special ornament has been designed and crafted by glass artisan Doug Coleman of New Martinsville, WV. The Christmas tree looks just beautiful with the ornaments on it. Jen did a lovely job with it.

I spent time with the First Lady in Washington, D.C., last month and learned that she has the kindest soul. Just as importantly, she is full of imagination. She has no problem making a sock monkey feel relaxed in her presence. If I weren't needed so badly here at Tamarack, I would have no problem signing up to be the official sock monkey of the West Virginia Governor's Mansion. Anyway, I missed having my picture taken with Mrs. Manchin in D.C., but I was able to have the honor today.

Artie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home