Saturday, July 30, 2005

Sock Moc


Today I put on a pair of moccasins by Lana Yates and joined the Mary Ingles Celebration at Tamarack. From Jayne Humphries, I learned how to weave baskets; from Craig Ferrell, I learned to knap flint to make arrowheads; from David Bragg, I picked up carving wood; and Danny Robertson showed me how to scrimshaw powderhorns. There were all kinds of activities today. James Alexander Thom and Dark Rain Thom were signing their books. I watched Jude Miller's video, The Captive. I visited the tepee that Allen and Ronnie Hamrick set up in the courtyard for a learning lodge. Tomorrow (July 31), Allen Hamrick will play his flute and tell stories. Karen Vuranch will appear on stage as Mary Draper Ingles for Sunday@2. Mostly, though, I just like wearing my moccasins. When you're a sock monkey, it can be difficult to find comfortable shoes!
Your friend, Artie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home